11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2017 9:39 AM by kellytice

Client Portal: Modifications to Default Request Type and Client's Profile

chris-arndt2016

Client Portal Default Request Type

• Can I edit or add new fields?
      • Can the default request type be turned off and have a different request type be defaulted to show?

whd_client_portal_default_req_type.jpg

Client Portal Profile tab/page

• Can I edit which fields are shown?
      • Add new fields?
      • Change which fields are required?

whd_client_portal_user_profile.jpg

• Re: Client Portal: Modifications to Default Request Type and Client's Profile
          amyd

Can you clarify what you mean by default request type. In your picture there is nothing defaulted.

If you look at the attachments you can see that I have customized the fields shown by the request type chosen, this is my default

1401.jpg

this one has several customized fields that are required and instructions

1402.jpg

This one has a customized field called Alternate contact number but it is not required

1403.jpg

chris-arndt2016

Thank you for replying.

When a client visits their portal and clicks the "Request" tab, my snapshot shows what is shown by default. I was curious if WHD offers the ability to add or hide any of the fields within this default Help Request page? And if so where?

The same with the "Profile" tabbed page. Does WHD offer the ability to make changes to what the client sees on their profile page? Like hide or add new fields? Make additional fields required?

amyd

There are a few things I know of that can be hidden I sent you an email message with my phone number, if you want to call I will walk you thru that options I know of

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    kellytice

There is an option to hide the subject field if you want (Setup -> Tickets -> Options -> Use Subject Field).

You can choose whether or not the Priority field shows  by going to Setup -> Tickets -> Options -> Client Priority Option.  If you set it to "all clients" it will toggle ON that field on the end-user side.

You can choose whether to allow the user to change the Location field or not at Setup -> Tickets -> Options -> Lock Ticket to Client Location.

-----------------------

The customization for adding other fields would be done on the individual Request Types level.     You can go into Setup -> Tickets -> Ticket Custom Fields and define whatever custom fields you want (text boxes, radio buttons, dropdowns, etc...).  You can then assign those custom fields to specific Request Types.

As an example, I have a Request Type for Microsoft Office requests, and I've got a custom field defined so they can tell me what aspect of Microsoft Office they are dealing with:

2016-03-31 14_47_57-Web Help Desk.png

For a different Request Type (Software License Request), I am presenting the user with a bunch of Ticket Custom Fields; the ones i have marked with red asterisks are required so they have to be answered if the user wants to submit the ticket:

2016-03-31 14_50_28-Web Help Desk.png

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  rubysa

How did you remove the 'Room' field?  All I see is a check box to require entry.  I would love for this to go away.  Any help?

chris-arndt2016

Hi Rubysa

Will paste below my notes that I have on modifying fields in WHD's Help Request Form.

~Chris

Alter/Edit Fields shown on Default Help Request

Subject Field

• Hide or Show: WHD -> Setup -> Tickets -> Options -> Use Subject Field (checkbox)

Priority Field

• Hide or Show: WHD -> Setup -> Tickets -> Options -> Client Priority Option.
                        • If set to “all clients”, will toggle ON that field on the end-user-side AND display “Ticket Priority” in client e-mail messages.

Carbon Copy (Cc:) Field

• Hide or Show: WHD > Setup > Tickets > Options > Clients Can Cc: E-mail.

Checked shows field and allows Clients to carbon copy e-mail Tickets to additional addresses.Unchecked hides field from default Help Request and custom Help Requests as well.

Location Field

• Hide or Show: WHD -> Setup -> Tickets -> Options -> Lock Ticket to Client Location. Checked the Client will not see the “Location” field NOR THE ROOM FIELD in default Help Request.

Unchecked, the Client will see the “Location” field in default Help Request which also allows Client to select which “location” they work in … NOT where the problem/issue is happening from.

Room Field

• Hide or Show: WHD > Setup > Location & Departments > Options > User Rooms.

Checked will show “Room” field in Client’s default Help Request web page and will allow Rooms to be attached to Locations.Unchecked will hide “Room” field from Client’s default Help Request web page.

Attachments (add file)

• As of 04/2016, attachments cannot be “required” on any request type. You can enable or disable attachments on a request type, but that is as far is it goes.
                      • If attachments are required: create ticket custom field called “Have you attached a file to this request?” and give it two options of Yes, No. Attach the custom field to the request type and make it required.
                      2 of 2 people found this helpful
                      sean.stanhibel

Kellytice,

Under the Setup--> Tickets--> Ticket Custom fields when my users select the request type of toner, even though the custom fields are required it still allows them to submit the requests. Is there anyway for force them to select the type of toner such as below as well as the model/asset? I already have the Request type as being required, I have set the toner type to be required, which then creates the drop down for the custom field, however, even with checking the req'd under custom field they still can submit. I would like to make it 1, 2, and 3.

kellytice

Apologies rubysa, i somehow missed this reply to this thread when you posted it.   As nickmorrisonrrp noted, your solution is a custom field that is required.   It looks like you may have thought that you had tried that, but in your screenshot i don't see any custom fields.   The "models" section is controlled by the "Use Models" checkbox in the Request Type settings, but is not a custom field.

It might be that you did create a ticket custom field, but after you create/save it, you have to go and specifically assign that custom field to the Request Type  (in this case,   Toner -> Black and White)