3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2016 2:18 PM by bpringle

Priority Type Triggers Custom E-Mail Reminders

bpringle

Have a situation where we want to send custom emails to anyone who submits a priority type that equals URGENT.

We want the custom email to reply with some verbiage and then share our After Hours/On Call number as a reminder to utilize it as well.

Not seeing how this can be done, even using Action Rules, since there is no way to email back the actual client....unless I'm missing something?

Any help is appreciated.

• Re: Priority Type Triggers Custom E-Mail Reminders
          Barry Harris

I have found no way to trigger an email back to the client based on the selection of a specific Priority type. Alerts and reminders yes, but not a general email back to the client. What I would suggest is adding Urgent priority instructions to the Open Ticket Greeting template in the outgoing email templates where it can be seen but would only apply if the client's ticket was of an Urgent priority.

kjette

You can run Action Rules on Priority but the limitation here is the fact that you can't use the field tag <client_email>  in the Recipients box of the Send Email option of the Actin Rule.  For me the severely limited options available for sending email through an Action Rule is one of my biggest issues with WHD.   The fact that I can't format the way it looks or just send the whole ticket is ridiculous.  I would like to use it to email clients but would never send something so amateurish and unformatted to one.

bpringle

kjette wrote:

You can run Action Rules on Priority but the limitation here is the fact that you can't use the field tag <client_email>  in the Recipients box of the Send Email option of the Actin Rule.  .

When I figured this out too, is when I came here for advice.

Seems like a very obvious shortcoming.

Thanks for the replies