4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2016 5:25 AM by jbmoore17

How do I create a report for "Acknowledged by"?

jbmoore17

Good morning -

How do i create a report that provide information over the last seven days for items that have been acknowledged by someone wotking in Solarwinds?

Thank you for your time.

JBMoore

• Re: How do I create a report for "Acknowledged by"?
          alexslv

This can be achieved either via web-based reports or with SQL query. What version of NPM you are on my friend? Just scroll all the way down on any page any copy-paste the very last info in footer section

jbmoore17

Good mornign Alex - 11.5.2

Orion Platform 2015.1.2, VNQM 4.2.2, IPAM 4.3, SAM 6.2.1, DPA 9.2.0, NCM 7.4, IVIM 2.1.0, QoE 2.0, NPM 11.5.2, NTA 4.1.1

alexslv

OK, this is good, you are pretty much on latest version.

There are two options to consider:

(1)

Build report in GUI

1. Hover over HOME tabe, then click on Reports. From there, got to Manage Reports > Create New Report
                  2. Select Custom Table > Select & Continue
                  3. I want to report on Alert Object (now, logically I would pick Alert History, but Acknowledgement data is not available through this object)
                  4. Add to Layout
                  5. Next - build your column you want to see. I advise you to experiment here - just add all of the and see which one give you most desirable result
                  6. Use preview button to check what you are getting. The go next, next, next, submit

With this option above I was not able to achieve result that I would like. Besides, I could not find the way to restrict to 7 last days. Therefore, I would opt for option 2 below

(2)

Build report with SQL script

1. Do step 1 and step 2 as above - they are same
                  2. Now, refer to first screenshot below. You need to select SQL as a source and then paste SQL querry. Notice that within SQL you can have umber of day you want to include from the past
                  3. The go and add colmns that fit you the most. Once happy, you can the even group some of them together for better result (see below)

Capture1.JPG

SELECT *
                  FROM AlertHistoryView ahv
                  JOIN AlertStatusView asv ON asv.AlertDefID = ahv.AlertRefID AND ahv.AlertObjectID = asv.AlertObjectID
                  JOIN AlertDefinitionsView adv ON adv.AlertDefID = asv.AlertDefID

WHERE
                  EventTypeWord = 'Acknowledged'

AND
                  ahv.TimeStamp > DATEADD(DAY, -7, GETDATE())

Capture.JPG

and this one is grouped by alert name

Capture3.JPG

... to take it further, you can also JOIN nodes table and pull off all info you need about the nodes, etc... SQL is really cool thing