1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 10:18 AM by stcain

Deploying Windows 10 build 1511 10586

stephenmbell

Hello all.  I have a handful of Windows 10 Pro machines in my environment.  All but one of them went out and downloaded the November build (1511).  I am trying to push this to the remaining machine using patch manager.  I installed the WSUS update to add "Upgrades" to my classifications, and I have the update approved in my Patch Manager.  I try to use Update Management to push it to the machine in question and I get the following error:

Download failed. generic unexpected failure Error Code: 0x80240fff

Details: The update failed to download and an install will not be attempted. Download failed. generic unexpected failure Error Code: 0x80240fff

Has anyone run into this issue and gotten past it?

Thanks for any input

sb

• Re: Deploying Windows 10 build 1511 10586
          stcain

Not deploying Win10 here yet, but from what I've read you have to be using WSUS on Windows 2012R2 (W2K8R2 WSUS will not work) with the KB3095113 patch installed. And if your WSUS server has download issues with the Win10 patches you need to add a new MIME type to the IIS server.

Open your IIS MMC. Drill down into the website and select the Content folder.  Over on the right hit the Mime Types icon.  Add a new MIME Type.  Bounce the server.

Add:

%systemroot%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+"[fileExtension='.esd',mimeType='application/octet-stream']"

Restart:

IISReset