This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Not seeing utilization on Layer 3 connections on Network Atlas Map

FormerMember
FormerMember

I am trying to get the L2/L3 to show utilization information on the Network Atlas Map.  When I click Connect Now + Connect all connections (L2+L3), it create the link connection but for layer 3 connections there are no information when  I click on Show Link Utilization.  Anyone got L3 to work in Network Atlas Map to show link utilization information?   L2 works just fine.

I use php weathermap and I am able to get L2/L3 utilization information so not sure why I cant do the same with Solarwinds.

Thanks

• I would double check to make sure ConnectNow is choosing the correct interfaces.  If you right click on one of the links(line connecting node together) in question, and select properties, it will display the interface assignments.  Confirm that those interfaces are, in fact, the correct interface on each end of the node on atleast one of them to cancel this out.

Also, what kind of devices are they?  Cisco?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to jpr7311

I confirm the interfaces are correct and for some reason it just doesnt show any utilization for L3.  It is a Cisco Nexus 7010 and I have 2 of them connect directly through fiber.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Does anyone know how I can write an algorithm to on the links to get the utilization?  I believe there is a way but I can seem to find any article about it.