This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Shutdown or Reboot Failed - Access is Denied

Aloha all...

I'm clearly missing a step, or failing to understand how to provide needed credentials for Patch Manager to "Shutdown or Reboot" a computer. (Nevermind a group of them; I can't get one to work.)

I can, however, get WOL to work...

So, help a lost soul... use shiny pointy objects to tell me how to apply credentials so I can reboot my masses.

Many mahalos...

RLR

• Ok, so we already had an account assigned to the Credential Ring. It turns out, that's the first part of the answer. But the second part is that, the account - which doesn't have to be an administrator on the network - does have to be in the "Force shutdown from a remote system" section of the local computer policy. We had mistakenly not added this account to that section of the local computer policy. (We thought we had.) It's now done, and the policy - pushed out via AD GPO - is in place for all the desktops. As an additional, we made a security group in AD, and placed that group in the policy. That way, going forward, if we ever need to have a non-administrative account perform remote restarts, we only need to add them to that AD security group, without having to push the GPO out with any changes.

RLR