3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 2:22 PM by pcdco57

Scheduled reporting help

another_tech

OrionReportWriter Version 2012.1.0

Hello All,

I'm trying to schedule a monthly report of our node availability for last month. I'd like the report to run every month on the 1st for the previous month. My problem is not the report itself, but the actual scheduling/running the job.

When I click "Run selected job now" I get a pop up saying that it's running the job, but then nothing happens. My team has never been able to get this feature to work. I've scheduled the job as an admin user, the job link appears to be working fine, but I don't see any "completed" or "last job status" anywhere.

Needless to say, I'm not getting an email with the HTML report. This last part may be a problem with my mail config, but I need to know where the actual problem is. I'm not certain the job ever completes to the point of sending the email.

I feel like I've tried everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong place, please correct me if need be.

Thank you!

• Re: Scheduled reporting help
          pcdco57

Can you run the report from the reports menu without going through the schedule manager? Just click on the report and say "view report". If it doesn't run there you have an issue with the report setup not the scheduler.
          I run similar reports on a monthly basis also. You have to create a schedule to run the report monthly on the 1st for the month. The way I have mine setup is after you create the schedule assign it to the report.

I have mine with the web link after I run the report manually.

You also have to have a user name that has an account to run the report. I have an account in Solarwinds for reporting with a password for this purpose. You enter this in the advanced settings at the bottom of the first page when you setup the schedule.

• Re: Scheduled reporting help
              another_tech

Thanks for the reply Marc.

So you're correct. That seems to be my issue, I'm unable to run the report right from the report tab. Strange though, I can run it from the stand alone app on the server itself. I've tried different browsers, all the same issue.

The error is pretty cryptic, any idea?

1. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A017F): Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A017F (CTL_E_SETNOTSUPPORTED) at C1Query80.C1QueryClass.set_Schema(String pVal) at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.C1QueryWrapper..ctor() at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.OrionReport.BuildQuery(String orderBy, String grouping, String filter) at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.ReportRunner.WorkerProc()

Thanks again