This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Different Tech Group Priorities / SLA's

I have setup WebHelpdesk with a single tech group which was fine

Now web helpdesk has grown and another department within my organisation would like to use the suite however has a different set of SLA's / Priorities to meet.

Does anyone know how to apply different priorities and therefore SLA's to a different tech group?

Thanks

• The priorities are associated with Request Types. You can create a separate set of priorities for the new department and assign it to the Request Types they use.

• Thanks Chris for the reply but i seem to either be misunderstand or something else is up.

The Tech Group has different Request Types however it doesnt allow me to say which Priority Types & Alerts to specify to the Request Type.

In Priority Types and Alerts i cant specify which Request Types are applied to each Priority Type

• Priority is configured at request type/ticket level, doesn't matter which tech group/ tech is assigned.

You can select a default priority for a Request Type.

pastedImage_0.png

If a request type will be used by both departments, you can either

a) manually change the priority when a tech updates the ticket

pastedImage_1.png

b) configure the original request type to limit to department A with Priority A. Create another request type with same name (under same parent request type if needed), limit it to department B and use Priority B.