3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 11:19 PM by chris.tian

Different Tech Group Priorities / SLA's

davidreid

I have setup WebHelpdesk with a single tech group which was fine

Now web helpdesk has grown and another department within my organisation would like to use the suite however has a different set of SLA's / Priorities to meet.

Does anyone know how to apply different priorities and therefore SLA's to a different tech group?

Thanks

• Re: Different Tech Group Priorities / SLA's
          chris.tian

The priorities are associated with Request Types. You can create a separate set of priorities for the new department and assign it to the Request Types they use.

davidreid

Thanks Chris for the reply but i seem to either be misunderstand or something else is up.

The Tech Group has different Request Types however it doesnt allow me to say which Priority Types & Alerts to specify to the Request Type.

In Priority Types and Alerts i cant specify which Request Types are applied to each Priority Type

chris.tian

Priority is configured at request type/ticket level, doesn't matter which tech group/ tech is assigned.

You can select a default priority for a Request Type.

If a request type will be used by both departments, you can either

a) manually change the priority when a tech updates the ticket

b) configure the original request type to limit to department A with Priority A. Create another request type with same name (under same parent request type if needed), limit it to department B and use Priority B.