This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert Manager help

Community,

Im having issues writing a custom alert in the Alert Manager. What Im trying to accomplish is the following:

I want to make a single Alert that contains a multitude of Cisco switch and router interface MAC addresses, that if any of them go down I will get an alert. The problem I am facing is that in the Trigger field if I choose the "Trigger Alert when Any of the following apply" I get hundreds of alerts because its giving me every Down interface in my environment. If I choose ALL then every last interface on the list has to be down at the same time before I get an alert. I don't know how to make a single alert that encompasses my selected interfaces. Do I have to make individual alerts for each interface I want to monitor?

Thanks.