1 of 1 people found this helpful
SRM in general has couple of job types that are responsible for data gathering. What you have tried "Poll now" is one of the types. The second option you have is to use "Rediscover".
Here is what those mean:
- Poll now - this is responsible for getting statistical data for you elements (like Latency, IOPS, Throughput, ...)
- Rediscover - this is responsible to getting storage topology, capacities and lun masking data. From what you have described, this one is more sufficient for you, since you are interesting in getting topology data (like Pools, LUNs, Volumes, Disks, ...)
And what about intervals?
That is fully configurable and unless you change that, there are default values used. You can see and edit them per storage array on its edit page (navigate to your particular array/cluster and click to Edit Array/Cluster link). Then you'll see following text boxes:
- Performance Polling Frequency: default is 15min
- Capacity Polling Frequency: default is 360min
Interesting, although I have the performance polling frequency set to 15 minutes I only get a datapoint (and I assume a poll) every 30 minutes. Is anyone else seeing this?
the datapoints in charts and polling interval are kind of two different things.
- The polling interval is how often data is gathered from the device and put into SRM database.
- Interval of datapoints (data sampling) is scale-able and aggregates all data from database into selected sample.
By default the data sampling in charts is set up to 30 min or 60 min (depending of the chart). It means that couple of polled data are aggregate together and those are present in the charts. This sample can be changed by user per chart, so if you are interested in detailed charts, you can "Edit" it and select 15 min or if you'd like to have just overview, you can increase the sampling. There are also options less than 15 min, but those will not take effect since the polling interval is 15 min.