This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to get connected device hostnames from Access Point?

I'm trying to find correct SQL query to find "connected" devices from Access Point.

Currently I can find devices with switch names with current query.

Select p2e.endpointid, e.MACAddress, ipc.IPAddress, dns.DNSName, P.Name, P.PortDescription, P2E.VlanID, N.Caption, ConnectionType, e.LastUpdate From Orion.UDT.PortToEndpointCurrent p2e left outer join Orion.UDT.Endpoint e on e.EndpointID= p2e.endpointid left outer join Orion.UDT.IPAddressCurrent ipc on p2e.EndpointId = ipc.EndpointID left outer join Orion.UDT.DNSNameCurrent dns on ipc.ipaddressID = dns.IPAddressID left outer join Orion.UDT.port P on P.PortID = p2e.PortID left outer join Orion.Nodes n on p.Nodeid = n.Nodeid where p2e.ConnectionType=1 and dns.DNSName is not null

I haven't found way to find tables which contains information about devices which are using access point.

Is there such information available?

• lwri​,

Do you also have NPM? If so, and you are monitoring the APs and wireless controllers...you already have a pre-built canned report that provides this detail. Look under "Reports" for a report called "Wireless Host Mapping."

D

• deverts,

Yes, we have NPM in use.

I found needed fields from there.

Unfortunately (Ruckus) controller shows same 'WLAN' name for every AP, which makes identifying individual AP quite hard =)

I'll search answer to that from NPM forum.

Thanks!