This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Add nodename in active alerts report

Hi, I want to build a report about active alerts.

I already used the default report « Active Alerts » but it is incomplete for me.

The node name never appear. For exemple, I have an alert active about volume space. In this report, I see only the volume’s name. Same thing with an alert « interface down », I see only Interface name. This display is useless because I don’t know what active alert corresponds to which nodes.

I opened a case and support tell me currently is not possible with report manager.

It can be possible to create SQL report to retrieve data, but support do not support custom SQL

I'm not at all familiar with SQL,

Can someone help me to create the sql query ?

• ${N=SwisEntity;M=Caption}  =Node Name

${N=SwisEntity;M=DisplayName}  = Display Name

On the action message if you select insert variable and change your drop box in "show variables for:" from Global  --> Group by: most commonly used  to Node and then change "the output preview shows the current values on specific test object" at the very bottom and select a specific node now you can see the values from that node it's very helpful.

• Hi,

In alert definition, tab "trigger action", I already added the variable ${Nodename}.

pastedImage_2.png

With this, I can see the node name in active alert view : (tab message)

pastedImage_1.png

But in active alert report I see only caption of volume.

pastedImage_3.png

You speak select variable in "action message", this is where I indicated the variable ${NodeName) ?

• OK sorry my bad you need to add node to the table layout.

Capture.PNG

• Hi,

Ok, I edited table layout of all active alertes report but I have not the orion object " node " available, just "group"

pastedImage_0.png

• So that report is Group report and you cannot add node name you would need to change the report content to volume to get node name.

• Hi,

The report content is a sql query

pastedImage_0.png

I feel that it's really hard to add nodename !!

• Can you past the full SQL statement.

• SELECT DISTINCT

AlertActive.AlertActiveID, AlertObjects.AlertObjectID, AlertConfigurations.Name, AlertConfigurations.Severity, AlertConfigurations.ObjectType,

AlertObjects.EntityUri, AlertObjects.EntityType, AlertObjects.EntityCaption,

AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime, AlertObjects.LastTriggeredDateTime, AlertActive.TriggeredMessage AS Message,

AlertActive.AcknowledgedDateTime, AlertActive.Acknowledged AS Acknowledged, AlertActive.AcknowledgedBy, AlertActive.AcknowledgedNote,

Case

When Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) +0.0)/86400))+'d '+

ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600))+'h '+

ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60))+'m ')

When Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 86400*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/86400))) + 0.0)/3600))+'h '+

ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60))+'m ')

When Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60)>0 Then

ToString(ToString(Floor(((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) - 3600*(Floor((SecondDiff(AlertActive.TriggeredDateTime,GetUtcDate()) + 0.0)/3600))) + 0.0)/60))+'m ')

Else ''

End AS ActiveTime

FROM Orion.AlertObjects (nolock=true) AlertObjects

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertActive (nolock=true) AlertActive ON AlertObjects.AlertObjectID=AlertActive.AlertObjectID

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertConfigurations (nolock=true) AlertConfigurations ON AlertConfigurations.AlertID=AlertObjects.AlertID

Order By AlertConfigurations.Name, AlertObjects.EntityCaption

• Hi,

For information,

When I click on "preview results", I can see column "triggeredmessage" and the value  that I search !!

pastedImage_1.png

• I have this same question Spyke,

Any chance you found a work-around for it?

I can get NODE ID which is a number, but I can't seem to get the actual node name, which is more "useful" in this scenario.