<appSettings>

<add key="ConvertToLocalTime" value="True" />

<add key="WirelessPollingJobTimeout" value="10" />

<add key="SaveRoguesToHistory" value="True" />

<add key="UseHostNamesInEvents" value="False" />

<add key="RemoveDisappearedAPs" value="True" />

<add key="UseNPMPollerDAL" value="False" />

</appSettings>

Yet I still have TONS of Thin AP disappeared alerts. The only method I have to fix this is to completely delete the wireless controller and re-add it, loosing all my history. Why is this setting not working?

• Re: Countless Thin AP disappeared alerts despite RemoveDisappearedAPs=true
          p_tone

The following SQL has sort of resolved my issue. It doesn't remove the disappeared APs (which have their own table in the db but it's empty) but it does get the system to be quiet. As usual with modifying the db to a closed source app like this, use at your own risk and know what you're doing etc etc.

UPDATE [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[EventTypes] SET Record = 0 WHERE EventType = 604

DELETE FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[Events] WHERE EventType = 604

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            RichardLetts

That setting removes the stats and thin APS from the database -- I'm not sure when it is a good idea to automatically and by default remove APS from the database. (we have over 13,000 real AP on our network , but because of this setting Solarwinds Orion has chruend through adding and removing them so it appears we have had several hundred thousand)

The events are tied to the controller, which has not disappeared.

p_tone

My problem is nothing was being removed from the db as far as I could find regardless of this setting being in place. It would re send all the events every time it checked in forever, so every 10 minutes I get another 50 events if I deleted 50 APs from the controller. There's no UI options to delete them and no foreign key relationships in the database to facilitate a graceful deletion without orphaned data, thus the solution I posted.

I'm just extremely confused why on earth the tool works this way, it's fairly pointless to alert me that I deleted an AP and even more so to alert over and over into eternity.