8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 6:16 AM by alxgarder

NodeID in Web report resources

alxgarder

Hi,

Is there any plan on when ${NodeID} will be supported for the resource Custom Chart and Custom Table?

Currently there is no way to show any form of custom SQL charting per node on a Node Details Page.

Kind regards,

Alx

• Re: NodeID in Web report resources
          cjfranca

Into the report writer's on the menu edit the option Show sql and in it you can create the report. any detail

• Re: NodeID in Web report resources
              alxgarder

Yeah, sorry, okay.. Maybe I wasn’t really clear here.

I have created a vast SQL lookup that shows information collected by varies Custom pollers (it’s for QOS queues). In order to make this look anywhere nice I have to massage it quite a bit as it combines information from five different MIB tables.

So I got this working, but now I would like to show this as a chart over time, so I can see when I’m dropping packets in the different QOS classes.

My problem comes when I’m trying to integrate this with a Custom Chart Resource on my Nodes Details Page (as I would like to see this for the node I’m currently on). I can add a Chart resource, I can paste in my SQL, but I can’t use ${NodeID} to have the chart only showing information from my particular node as it won’t allow me to use ${NodeID} within my SQL select statement.

I already know that that this is not currently possible as per this information in the help file:

“Note: Web-based reports do not allow the use of variables that are created by preceding a property or database column name with a dollar sign ($) and an open brace ({) and then following it with a close brace (}), as in ${Node.LastBoot}.”

So, back to my question..

Is there any plan on when ${NodeID} will be supported for the resource Custom Chart and Custom Table?

1 of 1 people found this helpful