This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SolarWinds DR ? Backup Instance ?

Curious what the SolarWinds gurus advise to do during times of maintenance ?   My current SolarWinds instance is comprised of the following:

- Primary Poller

- 3 additional Pollers on the internal network

- 4 additional Pollers in the DMZ

- 11,000 Devices (3500 ICMP)

- Modules : NPM, IP Address MGR, SAM, NCM, VOIP, UDT

Multiple groups including our NOC rely on SolarWinds for a number of things.   What should we do when we go into maintenance mode ?  I have unfortunately had situations where SolarWinds didn't "upgrade" quite as expected in which I had intermittent "flapping" of the application over several hours.  Other times upgrades go as expected with little to no downtime.  I have to assume with the alerting capabilities of SolarWinds other customers have this problem as well. 

At a very basic level we have thought about buying a single instance of NPM on a single server and only using ICMP.  This will at least provide our NOC with a single pane of glass in which they can determine if something is massively wrong. 

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.