This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

In some of our areas they have one key person that reports that groups issues to our help desk. On the WHD client account how can I set it up to allow a key person to search an asset by using our custom field for asset tag number?

This what shows up for me today but none of the fields will work for our scenario.

pastedImage_0.png

I would like for them to be able to search for an asset by using our custom field below named I.T. Tag #.

pastedImage_3.png

• You probably need to set the person up with a client admin role first to give them the ability to enter tickets on be half of someone else. Note that all clients have to have the same location for this to work. I assumed that the person who enters tickets is not a tech and thus uses the portal, you must create the role in the settings\client\client admin role and then assign the role to the specific client by editing the client who will enter the tickets

• Is the asset tag field set up to be viewable by clients?

• Yes it is viewable.  Today, if I logon it pulls all my assets assigned to me that I can log a ticket for BUT if a key person is logging issues for their group they can't see their assets.  So I need a way for these key people to search for others assets to log a problem ticket for them.