4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 6:29 AM by Dogeron

Groups details in Reports by filtering group members

anee_42855

Hello All,

I'm using Orion Platform 2015.1.1, SAM 6.2.0, QoE 2.0, NCM 7.3.2, NPM 11.5.1, NTA 4.1.0, IVIM 2.0.1 © 1995-2015 sorlarwinds. I'm creating a report in such a way that it filter the members in the group. So when report is created then i need the group it belongs.

Example;

I have created a filter such a way that pull the members which have a name `Node a` and its results. I got the report. But i want to know to which grup it belongs. So the report should be like

This is the options i have

• Re: Groups details in Reports by filtering group members
          Dogeron

Hi Anee,

You don't need to group, which generates the indenting, so remove it.

Make sure the 1st column is your "group" field but don't apply grouping, instead apply a sort (normally ascending) to it - this will sort this column first.

Then apply a sort to the 2nd column, your node field - this will order them with in the "group".

And you should be there.

Dog

anee_42855

Hello Dog,

I need the Group Name. Let me Tell you my scenario. I have individual group has Site Name with all the devices in it.

Site A, Site B and Site C are my remote Site Names and they have routers with AAA-Router, BBB-Router and AAA-Router2 respectively. I want to pull a report of availability or utilization of all the WAN routers which start with "AAA-". I'm getting the report  but i dont know to which site it belongs to. So i need to have the report which shows the availability or utilization of all the WAN routers which start with "AAA-" and which site it belongs (In this the group name)

Thanks in advance.

Anee

Dogeron

Anee,

Apologies, for the wait - work caught up with me.

Ok a little confusion on the term "group"  - something you do in SQL and reports but what confusingly the same term SolarWInds decided to call their node grouping, though under the bonnet they use the clearer term "Container" as you'll see from the script below.

So throw this into a custom query on a report or custom query resource and see how it suits......

SELECT

oc.DisplayName,

osi1.StatusName,

ocm.name,

osi2.StatusName

FROM

Orion.Container oc

Inner Join Orion.ContainerMembers ocm on ocm.ContainerID = oc.ContainerID

Inner Join Orion.StatusInfo osi1 on  osi1.StatusId = oc.status

Inner Join Orion.StatusInfo osi2 on  osi2.StatusId = ocm.status

where

oc.name like 'AAA-%'

Dog.

Dogeron

Anee,

I've been playing with this further to get icons displayed and applied some sorting - revised code below.

SELECT

oc.DisplayName as CONTAINER,

'/Orion/StatusIcon.ashx?entity=Orion.Nodes&status=' + ToString(oc.Status) + '&size=small'  AS [_IconFor_CONTAINER],

ocm.name as NODE,

'/Orion/StatusIcon.ashx?entity=Orion.Nodes&status=' + ToString(n.Status) + '&size=small'  AS [_IconFor_NODE]

FROM

Orion.Container oc

Inner Join Orion.ContainerMembers ocm on ocm.ContainerID = oc.ContainerID

Inner Join Orion.Nodes n on  ocm.MemberPrimaryID = n.NodeID

WHERE

ocm.name like 'AAA-%'

ORDER BY oc.DisplayName, ocm.name

This will only work well if you have 1 level container with nodes  (Container) ->  (Nodes). If you have several nested containers it won't display nicely.

Anyway, see how that works.

Dog