This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there a way to schedule a TSV?

I'd like to automate the creation of a TSV for all open tickets.  Is there a way to do that?

• Automate? Like doing it on its own without any interaction? On a time schedule?

Wouldn't this just create a bunch of files in your downloads folder (or desktop) all with the same name followed by a number?

Isn't it simple enough to just check the box to select all open tickets, the select "Download TSV"?

You could create a Query to only show Open Tickets. It would only take a couple of seconds to select them and then use the Gear button to Download TSV. Not sure how Automating this would be of any benefit. I would like to know why. If you have a good reason, I may want to do it as well. :-)

• The reports (which you can schedule) don't provide the detail we need. Therefore we’re using pivot tables in excel to analyze tickets. I would prefer the source of my tables be dynamic but when you pull a ticket list with the api it does not include the tech (important for my reporting).  So… I’m using a tsv export, but I'm not the only consumer so I want to schedule the export daily or hourly so everyone’s excel report is near real time and I can get out of the business of being the human reporting server.  If I have to I'll query the Db directly, but wanted to avoid that if possible.

• Again, please help me understand if there is a way to email the output of a query on a schedule (i.e. a report).  The current reporting provides NO way to create reports that provide a list of ticket (like you get in a query).