This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Updating WPM Recordings URLs via SQL

One of our clients changed their domain name thus breaking all of the WPM transactions pointed at them because they stopped redirecting to the new domain name from the old. Using the Recorder, I couldn't figure out a way to update our WPM recordings without just starting over with a new recording and thus losing all of our historical data and current transaction custom properties. (If anyone has a way to do this let me know!)

So I spun up SQL Server Management Studio and went hunting. Seemed simple enough. There is the [SEUM_RecordingSteps] table that need updating and the applicable columns for me were [Url] and [PlaybackCommands].

With the UPDATE statement executed, the WPM transaction was remanaged and waited. Still down. I opened up WPM Recorder and made sure the recording was going to the new domain and that it went through playback without issue. It was starting to look like the player didn't update whatever local copy of the recording it had. I was about to log diving on the player before I had a gut feeling that I should check the [SEUM_Recordings] table for anything that would force an update push. There was [LastUpdateUtc]. Current value at the time was a few years ago. Always the adventurous one, I decided why not and ran an UPDATE on that too.

Fortunately, it all worked.

Here are the statements I used. As always, backup your database and recordings before doing anything like this. Replace OLDDOMAIN, NEWDOMAIN, and ID as appropriate.

UPDATE SEUM_RecordingSteps

SET PlaybackCommands = REPLACE(PlaybackCommands,'OLDDOMAIN','NEWDOMAIN')

,Url = REPLACE(Url,'OLDDOMAIN','NEWDOMAIN')

WHERE RecordingId = ID;

UPDATE SEUM_Recordings

SET LastUpdateUtc= GETUTCDATE()

WHERE RecordingId = ID;