This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Getting strange errors when Using Sort and Group options in Manage Reports

I am getting some strange errors when I try to use the Sort By or Group By options with a web-based report. I try to use a text style custom property "Department" in either of those options and I get one of the following errors:

error 1.jpgerror 2.jpg

Any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks.

• UPDATE: I found that the errors only happen when I am previewing the report during editing. The viewing of the report works normally at least.

• Anyone at SolarWinds want to weigh in? Is this a known issue?

• I don't have the internal ticket #, but I know that this was confirmed as a bug for me by Tech Support back on March 6th:

Thank you for contacting SolarWinds Technical Support. My name is <redacted> and I will be working on this case with you.

The first screenshot you sent appears to be a known bug. The web console will automatically add a empty or false "Group results by:" or "Sort results by:" box the next time the user click the mouse anywhere. This occurs when adding columns to a web based report. If the user clicks on the submit button before removing the empty or false box the above error will be thrown.

Currently the resolution for this is that after adding a "Group results by:" or "Sort results by:" click on any empty white space and the empty or false box will appear. Click the grey X next to it to delete it. Then hit Submit.

Looking at the NPM 12 Release Notes, I do not see this issue explicitly addressed, but I am not seeing it anymore in our test environments.

-ZackM

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services