1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 9, 2016 12:53 AM by superfly99

Alert on configuration diff - last running config to previous running config

jds16

there is a report named "Overall Configuration changes snapshot" which compare the running config to startup config. I would like to create a similar report, but slightly different. I want to report and alert on the current running config versus the last running config (the backup). By having this report, I can isolate the fault domain when troubleshoot an outage to whether a device configuration change has contributed to the outage. Thanks,

• Re: Alert on configuration diff - last running config to previous running config
          superfly99

Have you configured up realtime change detection? This can email you when configs are changed and it will make a copy of the running config as changes are made.

So even if you don't want to receive the email, you can easily look at all the last running configs to see if indeed any changes were made.

Alternatively when you are troubleshooting, you can download a copy of the current config. Then compare it to the one you last downloaded when all was working ok. This will show if there were any changes.

Hope that helps.