This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Best way to track new nodes after Orion.Discovery and Import?

Hey all,

so after slowing coming to grips with the REST endpoints I have finally managed to get to the node import stage of the discovery process. I would like to know is there a way to track which node was created from which profile or as a result of a discovered node import?

The only way I can see for the moment is to track by IP I entered for the original Config request..

I'm just looking to make a solid link between a node import from a profileid to the resulting Orion.Nodes NodeId

Any thoughts?

• I too am looking for the discovery logs- that's seems like the best place to mine created vs found vs updated from specific discoveries. That could easily be pushed into custom properties via rest.

Currently I search discovery profile config XML for matching IP and assume it's one-one.

• There is currently no direct way to connect a new entry in Orion.Nodes with the corresponding entry in Orion.DiscoveredNodes. Matching by IP address and EngineID is about the best you can do. It's a good idea though.