8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2016 4:56 PM by bharris

SRM Profiler 6.2.2?

bharris

Yesterday I had to reinstall one of our agents and downloaded the 6.2.1 agent. I noticed that when it downloaded it downloaded the 6.2.2 agent.  As far as the portal is concerned, there is no 6.2.2, only 6.2.1. Any idea why I am getting a download for 6.2.2?

• Re: SRM Profiler 6.2.2?
          cvachovecj

Hi,

The version numbering for Profiler is a bit out of sync. What you see is to be expected and is not a problem. We will fix the version numbers in the future.

Jiri

jpvenuto

I just ran into the same issue trying to add a new agent and when I install that agent it is in fact 6.2.2 and does not work with 6.2.1; even using the upgrade agent option to roll it back to 6.2.1 has been problematic as I can't get it to collect and report back to the primary server. 

bharris

I installed that agent and now it is reporting as 6.2.2, while my Profiler server and other agents are 6.2.1. All the nodes assigned to the 6.2.2 are no longer polling.

cvachovecj

I'm afraid the versions of agent and Profiler server need to match. Please upgrade all components to 6.2.2..

Jiri

bharris

The issue is that I want to download the 6.2.1 agent, but the drop down of 6.2.1 downloads the 6.2.2 software. I can't find the 6.2.1 installers.  I had to install 6.2.0 agent and then upgrade it to 6.2.1 through the Profiler's upgrade functionality.  See below - shows 6.2.1, but downloads 6.2.2.

prawij

I'm confused as well, it shows SRM-Profiler (Server) listed as 6.2.1 - dated 02 Feb 2016, however I have already been running Profiler 6.2.1 for several months? Is this actually 6.2.2 but mislabelled?

jpvenuto

I have a ticket open with the SRM team...  To this point we've attempted to utilize the upgrade agent option from the web interface to roll back the agent.  This does work in that the agent now lists as 6.2.1 in the web interface, but from the actually linux agent it still shows as 6.2.2 and I have not yet been able to get the new linux or windows agent to collect.  I will update this discussion as I progress through it with support.

Edit:  I did ask support for actual 6.2.1 files to re-install the agent with, but for whatever reason the "team advises that the code would be the same upon degrading the version."