6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2016 7:19 PM by rkavanagh

NOC Views use

ACDII

I have never used NOC views, and was wondering how best to use it. Any examples of what it would be used for?

• Re: NOC Views use
          mesverrum

NOC Views automatically rotate through all of the left side tabs in a view.  The idea being that you could set up a big monitor and it will display several different screens worth of data without having to scroll/click.  If you look around there was a Rock the NOC event on Thwack a while ago with several great examples.

Rock the NOC - Rotating views

-Marc Netterfield

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            sandeep.bansal29

Noc View as explained above, is meant for the monitoring display. Where you can have different views and stats those will keep rotating based on the node status. Also you can have an alert acknowledgement window open where NOC engineer can acknowledge the same alongwith monitoring other node stats.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              rkavanagh

Just to add to the suggestions above - a good use of it I've seen has been to configure a NOC that cycles through site maps. I remember a network team that relied pretty much solely on a NOC which showed them sites around their county and what state they (and their devices) were in.

msfadmin

Question regarding NOC views.  I have a view I want to share on our Portal page.  For my end users to see it, do I need to add them to my Orion server under the Groups in the NOC for them to be able to see it?  Or is there a better way for my users to see this NOC view.  I don't want them to be able to click on any of the nodes, just see a display.

rkavanagh

Hi msadmin,

In that case you could create a new AD group for these users, but really cut down on what they're presented with in the web console. You can change their web console home page under the account settings so that they're presented with this one view. You can then create custom menu bars for them so that they don't see any of the other links to pages such as active alerts or other summary pages. If you really don't want them drilling down further (even to node details pages for nodes which they are not excluded from due to account limitations) then this becomes more difficult, but would be possible using a Network Atlas resource that only had specific objects placed on it and that didn't link those objects through to detail pages.

Rob Kavanagh

Prosperon - UK SolarWinds Partners

Installation | Consultancy | Training | Licenses

facebook_icon.jpglinkedin.pngblogger.pngtwitter-icon.jpg