This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there anyway to auto escalate a ticket based on Time Assigned?

Basically the issue is this. If a technician has a Ticket Assigned to them, and they do nothing with it for a week or two, can that ticket auto escalate to another technician?

I would want this only for Assigned Tickets, not Scheduled tickets or Opened Tickets, or Resolved Tickets, etc. Only Assigned Tickets.

• I don't believe this is possible.

The closest thing to this would be Priority levels which can be set to email the Tech, The Tech's Supervisor, or the Group Manager if some particular action is not taken within a timeframe, but that action applies equally to Open/Resolved/Scheduled/Assigned tickets.  So, based on a Priority, i can email someone if a ticket has not been updated for, say...21 days.

You might think that you could accomplish this with an Action Rule...and you almost can.  The problem is that Action Rules aren't able to cue off of a time directly.    This is because Action Rules are checked when a ticket is updated.  If the condition you are checking for is a ticket NOT being updated, the Action Rule will never trigger on that.

• I have submitted a Feature Request for this exact purpose, I opened a support case and was told that this functionality does not exist currently even in 12.7.1 I am amazed that this does not work, all ticketing systems have auto-ecsalate features built in. Hopefully the feature request I submitted will get some traction.