some you user outlook, but I think not running hotmail
Yes, you can use hotmail account also. But you need to use proper SMTP settings.
I had checked with gmail account works fine.
Tried with Noveldesk helpdesk with hotmail account for evaluation, it worked!
i set up an account from hotmail but when I enter the settings in it gives me an error
What is being used for local server and is it pop3 or imap
because I put incoming and outgoing
So Hotmail is technically using Outlook.com now, correct?
If so, check out this page: Set up an email app with Outlook.com - Outlook.com Help
It looks like you would need to use IMAP or POP3 for the "Incoming mail settings"; POP3 is pretty easy.
For the Outgoing mail settings you would use SMTP.
Here's the relevant section from that link if you are wanting to use POP3:
If your email app doesn’t support Exchange ActiveSync or IMAP, but supports POP3, first turn on POP for your Outlook.com account.
- Sign in to your Outlook.com account.
- Click the Options icon , and then click Options.
- Under Managing your account, click Connect devices and apps with POP.
- Under POP, select Enable.
- Click Save.
Then use the following settings in your email app:
- Incoming (POP3) Server
- Server address: pop-mail.outlook.com
- Port: 995
- Encrypted Connection: SSL
- Outgoing (SMTP) Server
- Server address: smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Port: 25 (or 587 if 25 is blocked)
- Authentication: Yes
- Encrypted Connection: TLS
- User name: Your email address
- Password: Your password