This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Possible to merge numerical UnDP values with a text/string separator using a Transform?

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have 3 nodes in which I need to monitor the channels. Each node has 600+ channels however, they do not have IF-MIB OIDs that SolarWinds supports.    Is there a way to have a UnDP Transform that can merge numerical values, with a delimiter?  I've seen other people asking to append an "F" on a degrees transform from way back when, but it didn't have an answer.

I would like that value to be "{Shelf}:{Slot}:{Port}:{Channel}" but I get an error when I put that string in the transform block.  Does the transform calculation have an escape character, or characters that identify text like  ' ' or " "? (I tried those too)

Bonus question, is it possible to have a table only show a row if a column is not equal to a specific value(s) (status), or when a separate column increments (error counters)?

• I don't recall if there is a way to reference a script in a UNDP transform, but couldn't you do this after the fact with a SWQL or SQL query?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to johnny_ringo

Unfortunately I am only comfortable with the series of tubes that make up the internet, and understand the fundamentals of everything that the tubes support.  Like a bit, frame, and packet plumber.  I also am not responsible for the SolarWinds server, but the guy that is has the mentality of "It's good enough for government work!".  He just uses it for auditing (after the fact) which boggles my mind at the waste...

I'm just trying to make my manager look good before I head out the door in a couple weeks, so I don't think I can learn SQL in time without breaking something... and I am not an ***.

• Are these values in UNDP strings or it is another type of field?  If they are strings you could probably use the CONCAT function in SQL.  Here is an example that also converts different fields types to enable the concat to function:

+ (String Concatenation) (Transact-SQL)

As you said if your not the SW guy then this probably too hard for you.  I would at least point this thread out to your boss and maybe he can make the SW guy do it.  it is not hard.