5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 7:38 PM by mandevil

Filter by database

mleon1

Hi,

I am asked to check a specific program because the end users have been complaining that its slow. Although, I understand that the reason may not be on the database that the program uses. I would like to ask if there is a way to filter results of the graph/trend according to just the database I wanted to check. Currently it shows all databases in the instance mixed up on a single date and unless I drill down to an specific date and time, I won't be able to filter the result by the database I wanted.

I'm kind of hoping I could first select the database I wanted to see and then drill down to specific dates and time. (See attached image)

Thanks.

• Re: Filter by database
          HolyGuacamole

In the Trends view, from the "Day" drop down, choose a custom interval (spanning up to 120 hours allowed here). After you choose this date range, you can select the database from the databases tab and then use the Timeslice tab to zoom into a shorter timeframe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              mleon1

I tried it and it says the date range cannot exceed 24 hours but its still helpful. I can at least check 1 whole day and night for an specific database.

Thanks.

mandevil

There is actually an option that you have to tweak to get to the 120 hours allowed.

options -> administration tab -> Advanced Options

On the system options tab, check the support options checkbox and look for CUSTOM_TIME_MAX_RANGE_IN_HOURS.

I don't think it says, but if my memory serves, I do think it's 120 hours max as Holy Guacamole mentions.

mleon1

Thank you. I have changed it already. It says "high value can result in degraded performance". May I know what are the implications why DPA says the performance will be degraded for having this increased?

mandevil

DPA summarizes into hourly and daily waits/stats. By choosing a custom time interval, those charts will be at least partially built out of the detail data putting additional load on the database.