cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmanage and Re-manage mulitple nodes

Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to unmanage and re-manage multiple nodes? May be from the tool or by using powershell script.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
superfly99
Level 17

Re: Unmanage and Re-manage mulitple nodes

Just open Manage Nodes. Tick the box for the nodes you want and then click on Maintenance Mode and select Unmanage. Do the same to remanage them.

mohitonline
Level 9

Hi

Solarwinds  Unmanage Utility is already available.

Please refer the below link:-

Scheduling Unmanage Task for Nodes, Interfaces and Applications - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help an...

Regards

Mohit

grantallenby
Level 13

pastedImage_0.png

Just to follow on. this is what the screen will look like. Tick as many as you want and then select the highlighted "unmanage now"

Thanks Guys for all your Help..

Yes, I'm aware of the above options which you provided. I feel this becomes hard for me when i have to unmanage/re-manage more 10 nodes at a time. I need to go search for them if i have 100's of nodes. So i'm looking for any other options which makes this little simpler

0 Kudos
i_like_eggs
Level 13

Here is a good amount of information using the SolarWinds SDK https://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/62160

0 Kudos
dave3
Level 10

I have had the best luck with the SDK.  I have lag issues when trying to put too many nodes in maintenance at once using the GUI.

0 Kudos
prashantsingh
Level 12

you may be using custom property and can identify the nodes using custom property ,from manage nodes page you can select them based on custom property and unmanage/remanage as required.

bobmarley
Level 15

Save this as .ps1 and run it. This will use your AD credentials to authenticate to your Orion server and unmanage a node named NODEYOUWANTTOUNMANAGE for 10 minutes from now.

Add-PSSnapin SwisSnapin

$swis = Connect-Swis -host YOURORIONSERVER -Trusted

$nodeid = Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT NodeID FROM Orion.Nodes WHERE SysName LIKE 'NODEYOUWANTTOUNMANAGE'"

$now =[DateTime ]:: Now

$later =$now.AddMinutes(10)

Invoke-SwisVerb $swis Orion.Nodes Unmanage @("N: $nodeid ", $now ,$later , "false")

0 Kudos
Highlighted
goodzhere
Level 14

This is what you are looking for.

SW PowerShell Bulk Unmanage API script