This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Hardware Health Overview - Display more info...

Good afternoon,

I am currently running a NOC view within our SolarWinds deployment that has the "Hardware Health Overview" widget on their view. What i would like to do is minimize the amount of digging they have to do to see the actual hardware failure event.

Right now you see the critical alarm within the widget, but then have to drill down to the node in question, navigate to the network page and scroll down to "current hardware health".

Is there a way to have the "Hardware Health Overview" show more than just the node its self, and actually display the hardware failure event that is seen under "current hardware health"?

If this does not make sense, please let me know!

• Lots of ways to approach this but the thing I think would be simplest is just to add a custom table resource to the view and set it to display the full name of all hardware health sensors that are in warn/ crit/ down status.  Make sure to enable the link to the details page for the object.   If you want to get more detailed there are a couple of other columns of data there that might be useful but that's the starting point.

• Thank you for the info, any chance you could elaborate? I am not familiar with the process of creating the custom table resource. i started to tinker with it yesterday, but ended up unsuccessful.

• To be more clear.

Add custom table widget

Configure the resource

It will ask you for a data source, specify that you want hardware sensor (node) for the object type at the top

Add 3 filters with OR selected in the dropdown

On the 3 filters set them all to hardware sensor status equals critical or down or warning

Accept that and it will ask you what columns you want to display, there should be a full name in the lists there to select IIRC, also probably want it to display the status and potentially other fields depending on what you want to see.

This documentation covers the general idea, except you are adding this to a view instead of report. They use the same ui for both.

Add a custom chart or table to a web-based report in the Orion Platform

• SW-TAC states this is not able to be done, and to submit this as a feature request. You show how its done!

Thank you as this is a life saver! Works like a charm!

• They were probably thinking too literally.   You can't filter the specific widget that you referenced, but one of the strengths of the Orion platform is that it it's extremely customizable. From custom tables to swql/SQL to pulling the data into javascript and building completely new ui elements, if you roll up your sleeves there's always some way to make things happen.

• Definitely true, thanks again!