cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feltonlewis
Level 9

All Alerts This Object Can Trigger versus Actual Alerts

I have a server that has the following alerts in the all alerts the object can trigger.

pastedImage_0.png

The server triggered an alert for being low on disk space.  However that alert is not in the list above.  The alert that was triggered has a scope for all objects in the environment and is a customized alert. 

I need to know what is the disconnect between what is listed above and the alerts that are actually triggered?

Thanks.

Lewis

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mesverrum
Level 20

Re: All Alerts This Object Can Trigger versus Actual Alerts

I believe it doesn't show up because the volumes are treated as being their own objects, you'd probably want to add that same widget to the volumes detail view and the interface details views to capture the alerts that would be triggered by those objects.

0 Kudos
adatole
Level 17

You also might want to check out this PowerShell script that KMSigma​ created (with a little goading from me) which reports on both all the alerts each node (and sub-elements of the node) can trigger; and all the nodes that could be triggered by a particular alert. You'll find it here: GitHub - kmsigma/thwackcamp-2019: Scripts and stuff from THWACKcamp 2019 

We also talked about it during this year's THWACKcamp: The Four Questions Every Monitoring Engineer is Asked - YouTube

0 Kudos
feltonlewis
Level 9

Thank you.  I will check it out.

0 Kudos