cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

orion or IpMonitor Automation?

I'm looking into ways to mass add devices to a network monitoring software using scripts. It doesn't IpMonitor has any feature that would let me add devices to it with command line scripts or POST. Do Orion / NPM have any kind of support for this? or a way I could upload devices from a database  / just without gui interaction, effectively giving me the same value? Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: orion or IpMonitor Automation?

Hello jabuckley both ipMonitor and the Orion Platform suite of products support methods of adding devices without going through the standard GUI. 

For ipMonitor we are working on updating and transitioning documentation to our Success Center - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support - However, here is some information around the schema that might be able to help.  http://support.ipmonitor.com/devdocs.aspx  Others have used these methods as well, so hopefully some our community members can share their experiences and best practices.

The Orion Platform Products such as Network Performance Monitor  also provide a SDK for these purposes.  Here is some info to make it easy to begin your investigation.

SDK Info: Orion SDK Information

Support Forum:  Orion SDK

GitHub - solarwinds/OrionSDK: SDK for the SolarWinds Orion platform, including tools, documentation,...

Home · solarwinds/OrionSDK Wiki · GitHub

Highlighted
Level 7

Hi jblank, That sounds great. Could you confirm the IPMonitor Docs page for me? It looks to be 404'd as of this moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Working on getting a different format for you.  I'll see what I can do. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

sounds great! let me know thanks Merry Christmas.

0 Kudos