This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ipmonitor - soap delete monitor (returns true but not deleting)

Hello...

I'm using the SOAP interface on ipmonitor 10.x, to create groups and monitors. 

When I try to delete a monitor using soap (MonitorDel), the monitor is deleted from the parent group but when I use the ipmonitor server interface and do a search for the monitor I just deleted, the monitor shows up (i.e. it wasn't deleted from the server).  I have to manually delete it using the server interface for it to be completely erased.

Has anyone had experience with this issue?

An even bigger problem is if I delete the parent group (using soap), it's child monitors no longer have a valid parent ID, and I can't find any way to erase them from the server.

thanks

jp

• What happens if you click on the monitor that still shows up after you deleted it via SOAP?

When you delete the parent group and are left with child monitors w/ no parent ID, do the child monitors show up in Orphaned Objects?

• Thanks Macnugetz...

After deleting a monitor and it's parent group via SOAP, the monitor was only retrievable using search.  It was not found in Orphaned Objects.  Clicking on the monitor opens it as normal to view it's configuration details.

However I saw that if I disabled the monitor (click on disable button), it afterwards showed up in Offline Monitors.

In the end, instead of a simple deletion, I had to retrieve the configuration details of the monitor, then update the configuration to disable it (and adding a "deleted" tag for reference), then deleting it (that's 3 different SOAP calls for one monitor - a real PITA).

The monitors then are visible in Offline Monitors, but still cannot be deleted.  It turns out that I have to stop/start the ipmonitor service, and then they can be deleted manually using the server web interface.  Not very satisfactory as the server(s) are in the prod environment and the operations guys hate requests to restart services.

Regards

jp

• jp, sorry to hear all the hoops you're going through.  We'll take a look at the SOAP interface and see what needs to be fixed.