cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grodech
Level 9

bandwidth thresholds on gigabit interfaces

Is there a whitepaper or post or other instruction someplace that outlines the bandwidth monitor, how it works and what adjustments should be made for interfaces of different speeds?  I can't seem to find one.  All of my ipmonitor bandwidth monitors appear to have their threshold parameters set up for a 100MB interface, even though most are gigabit interfaces.  It's causing false alarms.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
grodech
Level 9

Re: bandwidth thresholds on gigabit interfaces

Beuller?

0 Kudos
grodech
Level 9

Ok, so if anyone else ever has this issue, just add three zeros to the end of the value in the default threshold for gigabit interfaces.  A pain, I know, especially if you have a lot of gigabit interfaces to monitor...  Maybe sometime down the line, the folks at SolarWinds can have it check the interface size when the monitors are created and automatically put the correct value in for the size of the interface...

0 Kudos
ampmike
Level 7

The following links may help you understand how it's suppose to behave.  I'm still trying to figure out the adjustments I need for my purpose, especially, on bonded interfaces.  I'm not sure if I should add all the interface speeds in a bonded config but other than that just follow the guide and see what results you get.

and

https://support.ipmonitor.com/helps/13a7520467994df6a4f3bad6b0a096f6.aspx

0 Kudos