This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Trouble using External process monitor on a Linux server

I'm trying to do something that I believe to be very simple...I'm running a script that does a find on a specific directory on a linux server and report back how many files in that directry of a specific type are older than X minutes.  This is what my scipt looks like:

#!/bin/sh

find /tmp/directory2/. -name "*.mp4" -type f -mmin +2 -printf '%p %a \n' | wc -l

When I run this directly from an SSH session it responds just fine with a count of how many files are in the directory...same goes for running this our of  a command prompt on my IPMonitor server using Plink (root@10.5.0.53 -ssh -pw gr*****@ /tmp/findscript.sh)

So I have my external process monitor implemented, but it seems to be working in opposition to what I would expect. My monitor is set up with an "Expected Return Value" of 0.  My expectation would be that if my script returns any OTHER value, it would fire off a warning, correct? Well...that doesn't seem to be the case.

Instead, when It's set to 0, No matter what  the return value is, the monitor says that it's up.  When I change the value to 1 or any other digit, then the monitor says it's down - no matter if the return value is 1 or 0 or whatever.

So what am I missing here? Is my script not set up right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!