This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

The remote device rejected the request due to an internal error for all "Windows" monitors

Clean new installation of ipmonitor 10.0.1 on 2003 sp2 all latest patches.

After scanning from host files, when i add the monitors, the "windows" monitors for all windows devices return "The remote device rejected the request due to an internal error". All other monitors work ok,  I can retrieve wmi information with the verify button.  Any ideas?

• What options are selected under the usage restrictions for the credential you have configured?

If you do not have "May be used with NTLM Authentication Schemes (Windows NT Lan Manager)" checked then give that a try.  Uncheck "May be used with Windows Impersonation for use with RPC" when you make this change as that restriction takes precedence over the NTLM option.

Hope this helps!

Matt

• well that works...... but I can't say I like the solution :-).

I have now two credentials, using the same account, one with just ntlm for that "windows" monitor check.  This also means i have a couple of hundred monitors to update with a new credential which is not exactly my idea of fun.

Nonetheless, thank you for your prompt reply.