This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Tags and Quotes revisited

Here is a external process 'failure command' that works when the external process needs three arguments:

ipm2sql8.exe "News Services" 1 "Trouble"   works great on command line on the IPMonitor machine.

Here is the Failure Command Line via Tokens:

%monitortag[GroupName4Script]% %monitorstatenum%  "Trouble"

%monitortag[GroupName4Script]% would evaluate to News Services probably w/o double quotes.

I think that the external process is actually being passed: News Services 1 "Trouble"  so the 1st and 2nd arg are News and Services instead of "News Services" and 1.  How do I force double quotes around the results of %monitortag[GroupName4Script]%  ??

• Try this: 

"%monitortag[GroupName4Script]%" %monitorstatenum%  "Trouble"

Note: I'm assuming the GroupName4Script doesn't contain any double quotes.

If anyone is experiencing troubleshooting similar command line parameter stuff, try running notepad.exe with your command line parameters and then use Process Explorer (from Microsoft) to check out the command line.