I'd like to set a dependancy for multiple devices, a subnet. I've read a post that mentions creating a smartgroup with a group and applying the dependancy there. Unfortunately I can't seem to create the appropriate smart group. My devices use the FQDN for both IP and system name. When I try and create the smart group using a match for an IP range I get no results returned. I basically want to add a router as a dependancy for all my monitors
My solution was a bit of a hack.
1) exported the monitors config to XML and retrieved the monitor <id> for the routers
2) exported the groups config to XML
3) used a powershell script to update the <depends> node and added the appropriate ID for the router
4) imported the XML file back in to ipMonitor
5) all is good in the world again
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.