This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

'Report Publishers' display incorrectly

Hi,

I have set up around 12 reports to email out automatically every month.  These were made with an administrator account and they are emailing out as designed.

The problem is, when I log into the portal with 'user' level access, it shows the report publishers differently.  It is just random numbers, or the back end ID of the report.

Here are the differences between the 2 levels of access
Admin Access:      Availability Report :: Alex
User Access:        2668376759776

If I promote a user level account to an administrator, the names return to normal. Upon demotion, they return to the numbers.

Is there a way to see the names correctly with user level access?  Promoting users to Administrators is not really an option.

Cheers
Brock

• Hello Brock,

I believe your user's rights are too locked down. Not having "read" access causes the object's ID value to appear where the name of something is, rather than having no value. I would start by making sure the account is a regular user, turn all the checkboxes on... then slowly turn them off.

• Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The 'user' level access has every box ticked in the 'access map'.  Although this isn't a show stopper because everything still works, it would be nice to have this working with user level access. 

Cheers
    Brock

•  Can someone confirm that this is infact a bug in 8.5?

Steps to re-create issue
    1. Create an "email report publisher" with an administrator account.
    2. Give it a name and save it
    3. Log Off
    4. Log on with a user account (note, all boxes should be ticked in the access map)
    5. Check if you can see what you created in step 1.

Cheers
    Brock