This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Recovery Question

Hi,

I would like to reboot a server when a specific match is found in a log file. I have successfully set up the file monitor and it works well, I cannot get the server to reboot when it detects a particular string. Does the reboot alert action only work for failed monitors and not when a file monitor detects what one is looking for? The monitor is healthy (green) because it is working, so it doesn't seem to fit the criteria as a failed monitor.. Is this possible to reboot on a informational alert?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

The reboot works only on failed monitors. You would need to change the logic of your filewatch to be successfull (green) if a specific content is not machted. However i havent seen a way to negate a regex in ipmonitor yet (normaly you would lead it with an exclamation mark !). Even the regexwizard does not have a "not" option.

Michael

• Check out this thread for how to negate regexes in IPM.  Also there's a great utility mentioned (Expresso) for building regexes.  Thanks to Peter Cooper for both of these.

HTH

Rgds, Simon