This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is ipMonitor going away?

I've noticed it's no longer on the product lists on SolarWind's website.  The product roadmap hasn't been updated in several years.  I haven't been able to find any EOL announcements except for those regarding pre-10.0 versions, nor anything obvious on first glance in the product forums.

• @grodtech

We went quiet on ipMonitor for sure and I apologize for the radio silence. You can find it now under both Network Management and Systems Management categories on the main menu. I expect to have an updated roadmap up in a few weeks as we complete some planning work.

I would be very interested to hear from you how you are using it and what specifically you'd like to see. The updates the team is working on now are more infrastructure than features.

• My department mostly uses it for monitoring on our network equipment.  I personally would like to see ifStatus monitors added as part of the default checks when adding equipment to the system.  We have to manually create SNMP monitors for any interfaces we wish to monitor the up/down status of on the switches and routers.  The system detects whether the interface is up/down during the scan, but only provides bandwidth monitors by default.  I think I asked for this a while back in one of the feature request threads.

• Thanks grodech​!​ - can you provide some examples of what you set up and how it looks in your environment?  It would also be a good idea to submit that Feature Request - ipMonitor Feature Requests 

• pastedImage_0.png

This particular one is set to be down, and will notify if someone plugs something into the port:

pastedImage_1.png

If the port is supposed to be up, the result is set to 1 and will alert if it goes to a different state.