This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ipmonitor v9 - Unable to move empty groups

Hi

I have an issue with IPMonitor v9 where if a group is nested and does not contain any members/devices I can not move it. 

for example...

Looking at the below groups I want to move  group b onto the same level as Group 1 because Group ii has no monitors then group b does not move (even thou ipmonitor notifies me that the group has been moved).  If I add a monitor into group ii, it will move.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour or am I doing something wrong ?

thanks

•  Group1
    • Group a
    • Group b
      • Group i
        • Monitor 1
        • Monitor 2
      • Group ii
      • Group iii
        • Monitor 3
    • Group c
  • Hello shaneh, 

Has anyone else seen this behaviour or am I doing something wrong ?

By the sounds of it, you're not doing anything wrong. One of my colleagues, Derek, was looking into your post today and mentioned that there might be something up. Last I checked he was looking into a portion of code that attempts to prevent a parent group moving to a child group.I suspect he'll get back to us today or tomorrow.

• Hello shaneh,

I've taken a look at your issue and found the behavior you are describing.  I've filed a bug report regarding the issue. I've also located the source code which is causing the issue.  Thanks for your post!

Derek