cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 15

IpMonitor: What We're Working On

Hi everyone – the IpMonitor team is hard at work developing a number of key enhancements:

1. Bandwidth monitors will separate inbound and outbound traffic. This enhancement will provide a more detailed view of bandwidth usage, allowing the ability to test incoming and outgoing data rates.

2. Use Windows credentials for IpMonitor login.  

3. Define customized device types. This will help organize data in reports. 

4. Create a monitor and settings and deploy to a list of servers. This “templatized” deployment will save time and decrease the possibility of errors when deploying the same monitors to multiple devices.

5. Configure reports with non-contiguous times.  Customize timeframes to leave out weekends, evening hours, etc.

6. Enhanced Exchange support - Support for Exchange 2010. 

7. A shiny new printer monitor

8. The ability to sort columns in reporting view

PLEASE NOTE:  We are working on these items based on this priority order, but this is NOT a commitment that all of these enhancements will make the next release. If you have comments or questions on any of these items (e.g. how would it work?) or would like to be included in a preview demo, please let us know!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
87 Replies
Level 7

I did not see it listed but is there any chance for SNMPv3 support in the next release?

0 Kudos

hey i am interested in participating rc of ip 10.5

0 Kudos

Hi wangbu--

Contact the PM: christine.bentsen@solarwinds.com.

Thx,

M

0 Kudos

Hi Walt--

It's been logged as a feature request but we can't give specifics on release dates.

M

0 Kudos

#4 and #2 will be very helpfull, especially #4.  Even better yet (or in addition to this), it would be nice if the old functionality was restored so that new groups, devices, and monitors could be added in bulk via CSV file.

As far as using AD/windows accounts, this would be even more valuable if you also had the ability to create basic displays for end-users (ie. remove security-sensitive info such as IP addresses from their view).  I want them to know what is down, but no configuration details.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Christine,

I don't think there was any release in 2010, if there is no release in 2011, how about cutting our maintenance in half to reflect the level of solarwinds commitment to the product?

0 Kudos

Hi Term - there is one coming - we should be announcing an RC quite soon. 

--Christine

0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

About the RC, would it be possible for you to be a little more specific in terms of the timeframe? Are we talking a couple of weeks, a couple of months, or something else entirely?

The reason I ask is a few months ago a did an evaluation of ipMonitor and while I was overall pleased with the product ultimately I decided against it because it fell short in some specific areas. Fast forward and now I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on WhatsUp. I would like to give ipMonitor another chance but on the other hand I can't wait indefinitely.

Thanks,

Fabio

0 Kudos

Hi Ffreire - The new version of IpM will be released in a matter of months - but the RC will be announced in a matter of weeks. If you are looking at what's up - I'd really suggest taking a peek at APM - we have it in a stand-alone version now, and it's really powerful and price competitive. 

--Christine

0 Kudos

Any news about this new version?

0 Kudos

We will have an RC out very soon (days or weeks, not months).  I'll post here when the new RC is available. 

--Christine

0 Kudos

I see the release candidate is up. Is there a changelog somewhere, before i download it?

0 Kudos

Hi Jnelson - we don't do release notes until the actual GA, but I can tell you that the features that made it in from the list at the beginning of this thread are 1, 6, 7, and 8. 

Please let me know if I can be of additional help? 

--Christine 

0 Kudos

did this make it in?

4. Create a monitor and settings and deploy to a list of servers. This “templatized” deployment will save time and decrease the possibility of errors when deploying the same monitors to multiple devices.

0 Kudos

Hi Sfletche - that one didn't make it into the RC. Have you had a chance to try out the RC? The features that made it in are 1, 6, 7 & 8. 

--Christine 

0 Kudos

Hi Chrstine,

I have not given the RC a try unfortunately the main feature we were looking for is #4.

It's really to bad this did not make it in as honestly the time it takes to customize the servers / monitors has been a big deterrent in how much use this product actually gets in our environment.

0 Kudos

Hi christine,

will #4 be available in GA or next release???

and whats about #2?

thx, Clemens

0 Kudos

Schitti, we moved to form based login from digest, removed the ability to add windows accounts.  We didn't get #4 into the release.  A work around for #4 is exporting config as xml then editing with search/replace and importing it.

Jason

0 Kudos

and can you tell my why? i believe nearly all of you customers has active directory and would like to use AD authentication ...?

I wonder why there are no templates since a long time - with the possibility of using a thousands monitors this would save us a lot of time ...?!

the mentioned workaround is nice but the lack of new (useful and wished) features isn't very funny ...

Clemens

0 Kudos

next question: ipMonitor was since (i believe) version 9.06 unlimited? And now there will again a limitation of 500 monitors?!? what's this? and what does that mean for any maintenance renewal from now on?

0 Kudos