Hi everyone – the IpMonitor team is hard at work developing a number of key enhancements:
1. Bandwidth monitors will separate inbound and outbound traffic. This enhancement will provide a more detailed view of bandwidth usage, allowing the ability to test incoming and outgoing data rates.
2. Use Windows credentials for IpMonitor login.
3. Define customized device types. This will help organize data in reports.
4. Create a monitor and settings and deploy to a list of servers. This “templatized” deployment will save time and decrease the possibility of errors when deploying the same monitors to multiple devices.
5. Configure reports with non-contiguous times. Customize timeframes to leave out weekends, evening hours, etc.
6. Enhanced Exchange support - Support for Exchange 2010.
7. A shiny new printer monitor!
8. The ability to sort columns in reporting view.
PLEASE NOTE: We are working on these items based on this priority order, but this is NOT a commitment that all of these enhancements will make the next release. If you have comments or questions on any of these items (e.g. how would it work?) or would like to be included in a preview demo, please let us know!
Great to see these new features being worked on.
Please also don't forget to fix the old bugs, some of which have been around for several years:
Thanks - Simon
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.