This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPv6 support

Where does IPv6 support sit in the ipMonitor roadmap?  Hopefully its sooner rather than later.

I hadn't been too concerned about this previously, but today I attended an industry summit on the topic.  IPv4 address exhaustion is real and probably closer than we think.  The experts in our part of the world estimate our RIR will run out of addresses to allocate around mid next year.  Organisations are well advised to be proactive and begin transitioning towards IPv6 now rather than leaving it until a crisis hits and trying to deal with it then.  This came from none other than Vint Cerf, Google's Chief Internet Evangelist and the father of the internet.

I'm interested to know if ipMonitor will be able to keep pace with us as we transition to IPv6, or will it be relegated to monitoring IPv4 devices only for the foreseeable future?

Thanks - Simon