This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPMonitor or APM

I think we'll be staying with IPMonitor as I've just talked to our Solarwinds supplier and fell off my chair when I found out how much it would cost for us to move to APM with the number of monitors we require, we were just about to upgrade to 5000 monitor license which would of cost us £2500 but to do the equivalent in APM it would cost £8000 for the SLX edition.

What are Solarwinds up to with there licensing of their modules first it was Netflow (Got Orion SLX so had to have Netflow SLX even though we only have 5 Netflow aware devices) now APM at the rate Solarwinds are going they're going to price themselves out of the market.

I'm particularly annoyed as I have an e-mail from a Solarwinds Sales person from last year when we were looking at either IPMonitor or Apps module and he said

While I cant speak to the long-term plans for integrating the products, I can say that we will always have a stand-alone ipMonitor product available to SolarWinds customers. We are working on an upgrade path that enables you to go from one solution to the next. No pricing has been finalized as this acquisition was just made. We should know more in the upcoming months. Rest assured we will always take care of our customers and make sure that they are leveraging the right solution.

Which is why we went down the path of IPMonitor and not apps module at the time and have now been told by our supplier there is no upgrade path between the two products so not only will it cost us 3 times more to go with APM we would also have to throw out our investment in IPMonitor.

So I'm not a happy camper at the moment.