This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IP Monitor 8.5 Lost Alert

Hi,

I have some alerts that are configured to send out an SMS when they are down.  My issue is that some of these alerts do not show as down but go straigh to lost and therefore will not send out any alerts.  These are checking our intranet webpage is still up.  is there a way of changeing these alerts so these show as down and not lost?

Thanks

Chris

• Hello Chris,

Monitors go to "lost" when there are no more alerting actions to take. So, the idea isn't to prevent it from going to lost, but to investigate why your alerts are not set to trigger.

Please pick one of your Monitors going directly to lost, Edit it, and use the "downtime simulator" to approximate the behavior that will occur if the Monitor fails. You should see a mini-report as to what actions are to take place and which ones are skipped (due to existing configuration rules).

Edit: Chris, be sure to post back if you'd like some more assistance / tips with troubleshooting.

• Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I have checked the setting and these are the recomended default setting that are the same across all of my alerts.  The issue I am getting is this is not going to a Down state at all but straigh to a Lost state.  I have checked the report for this monitor for the weekend as this is when this went down and all it states is that no alerts were sent.  But I did get a text once this was back up this morning.

Thanks

Chris

• What is the name of the alert action you expect to go off?

In the downtime simulator do you see this alert action listed?

• Hi,

I have just check the log for this alert and this did go down at 3.32 this morning.  I think I have just answered my own question as I don't have any alerts setup over night but but setup to start at 7am.  So I think this had already gone to a lost state by then and therefore not able to sent out any text alerts during the down state.

Thanks

Chris