cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to add drive space alert on IP monitor?

I am the administrator on a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard (32-bit) - GSNAPRINT installed with IPmonitor tool version 9. I want to add an drive space alert for another server (Windows Server 2008 R2 - Standard - GSCTTLBACKUP) but was not successful.

But there were other file shares which were added for monitoring on IPmonitor to the same server (GSCTTLBACKUP).

I have attached the screenshot for reference. After I log on the GSNAPRINT server web console and I click on "Return to Device View" where I am not finding the second option.

I am following this link https://support.ipmonitor.com/helps/649580d2e53d4207813667c9a7db0f12.aspx for configuring, but I am not able to find the second step as mentioned below.

2.   Click the Monitors menu option, then select Add a Monitor.

SNMP services are enabled on GSCTTLBACKUP server. Ping alert is working for the same server.

Kindly help me!

IPMonitor.PNG

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: How to add drive space alert on IP monitor?

Starting with version 9 of ipMonitor, a monitor has to be added to a device.  You will want to open a device, and then you can add your monitor.  Please see this screenshot:

ipmon1.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I did not get an option of adding a monitor for an existing device GSCTTLBACKUP.

Hence, I tried adding it as a new device.

I clicked on Add > Add New Device

IP address or hostname

GSCTTLBACKUPIPMonitor-AddNewDevice.PNG

Clicked on Next> button.

It said "Communicating with device"

Found Existing Device Scan

I then clicked on "View existing Results" option

In Add New Device

Summary for Device: gscttlbackup.na.gerberinc.net

Device Name

gscttlbackup.na.gerberinc.net

Parent Device Group

All Managed Devices

Monitor Name

Modify Selection > Select Monitors to Add > SmartMonitor Settings > Drive Space, Remote Procedure Call (RPC), Microsoft Search, File Server Storage Reports Manager,

Ping - Selected

Clicked on "Done" button.

there is an "Advanced" options I found

Monitor Naming Convention > The options available were as follows:

1. GSCTTLBACKUP INSTANCE TYPE

2. INSTANCE GSCTTLBACKUP TYPE

3. INSTANCE TYPE

4. INSTANCE SERVER

Naming Convention Seperator > The options available were as follows:

1. SPACE

2. []

3. |

4. ,

I selected "SPACE" option. Click on the "Create" button.

Select Alert

Select your configuration mode:

Use an existing alert

TollandIT 24x7

Clicked on "Next" button

I have attached screenshot for reference.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

When it gives you the option to view existing results, or Rescan, select Rescan.

Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you so much. It did work for this server(GSCTTLBACKUP), but I do have other servers where I need to know the disk space along with the other file shares. For example: I need information about the drive space along with the details about the shared folder details with the name UFO which is also present in the same C drive in the server GSSHUFD.

I tried doing a "Rescan Device" option as suggested, but it did not work and resulted in showing up only the UFO folder.

I have attached the screenshot for your reference.

GSSHUFD.PNG

Kindly help me with the same.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

What communication type are you using (SNMP, RPC, or WMI)?  Please let me know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am using SNMP version 1 communication type. I don't have any other option to select on IPMonitor. Please let me know how I can make other communication types available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

After you click Add New Device, you should see the following screen:

ipmon2.PNG

You can select a credential that has at least local admin rights on the Windows Server 2008 R2 server that you want to monitor.  If you don't have an existing credential you can add one.

0 Kudos