This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to add a custom SNMP monitor with multiple value?

I'm trying to add power supply status of our HP Proliant servers, I'm wondering where or how I can add monitors with multiple values, like 1= noerror, 2= fan failure, 3= temp failure.....

Thanks 

• If you are wondering how to interpret the data so that when an alert goes off, "fan failure" is seen in the alert as opposed to "2", there is no way to do this that I know of.  However, all hope is not lost, as you can create a tag that you can attach to the monitor that lists the enumerations, then include that tag in your outbound alerts.

•  Thanks for the help. One more question, and the tag value is the monitor value?

Thanks again 

• A tag is a like an extra property that you can add to your monitors.  If you select the checkbox next to the monitor from within the Devices view, then go to Edit/Tags, you can configure a tag with whatever name you'd like.  I'd call it something like 'comments'.  Then, within your alert configuration, you can enter the following within the alert text:

%monitortag[comment]%

That will add whatever you put in the 'comment' tag into your alert text, so you or your team can easily see that "1=X, 2=Y, and 3=Z".

•  That's exactly what I've been after.

Thank you so much