This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Customising email alerts

Hi - is it possible to customise email alerts using HTML?

I'm trying to get custom emails for the service desk with a list of tasks to perform when an alert is triggered.  Also looking to get some text in bold and in a different colour.  Have seen you have this functionality using notes, but can't find a way to do it when customising an email alert.

Thanks.

• You could do this by making your instructions and such as tags, then including the tags into your email alerts.

Although I do not do any formatting in my emails, I do include server specific information in most of my alerts.

If you are using version 9, you can find how to insert tags into your alerts by going to Help, and looking at "tokenized text."

For example, say you have a monitor, and add a tag called "CheckList" to it, with all the information you want in the email.  You can then add this to the email alert body:

%monitortag[CheckList]%

and the formatted text will be sent out.

Give it a try.  It is very cool.

Bo

• Thanks Bo, sounds really cool and will give it a whirl!!

Never got my head around tags yet but will have a good read.

• I was the same way.  Once you start using those tags, you really get to love them.

Good luck,

Bo

• can you elaborate on this? I was not able to find "tokenized text" in the help files for Orion NPM 9.5.1.

I posted about my issue in the alerts forum - 

Thanks.